Healthy Lifestyle Choices for
The importance of good health for
Even if you are not that well informad about the importance of health for
longevity, you know that healthy lifestyle will lead to longer life. Poor lifestyle choice undermine your health,
leading to enjoying less quality years in your old age. Health is not the only thing that will determine your
longevity, but it's a good foundation to start with.
Now another research confirms this. A study published by JAMA Cardiology
concludes that the longer you follow a good lifestyle and healthy
choices, the more you will reduce risk of disease and even death, while enjoying a better quality of
The importance of heart health
The study was done over period of 16 years and focused on the heart health, as a measure for one's overall health and longevity. This research
proved that people with a good heart health had reduced their risk of disease and death, while those with a poor
heart health were more likely to succumb to various health problems.
Enjoying sunshine years in a good health, being
active and inquisitive is the crown
on your long life. But it takes some good discipline in maintaining a good health
and fitness, to deliver a great life in your later years.
They determined that for each 5-year period of good heart health, people
- 33 percent less likely to develop high blood pressure (one of major killers
that lead to other health problems)
- 25 percent less likely to develop diseases, such as diabetes, kidney and
cardiovascular (all of which can potentially complicate many health issues)
- 14 percent less likely to die (less chronic health conditions and diseases
means more years of life)
So, the more you persist with making good lifestyle choices when it comes to
keeping your health, the more chance you will live longer and healthier life.
Practice good lifestyle choices
These choices are usually obvious, but let's repeat some of the best
- Eat healthy - good nutrition, with a variety of foods
- Exercise regularly - good fitness maintains your body health and builds good immunity
- Normal body weight - the above two choices will help you
reach and maintain good body weight
- Good blood pressure - both high and low blood pressure lead
- Normal blood sugar - high blood sugar leads to diabetes type 2
- Keep low cholesterol - avoid getting your blood vessel
- No smoking - if you don't smoke, good; if you do, find way
to quit now
Focus on one thing at a time and try to improve it, or at least reduce the harm it
does to your body. But the overall key to all this is simply prcaticing good nutrition and exercising regularly,
which will take care of most of your problems in due course. Then find a way to maintain a good lifestyle and you
will enjoy a better and longer life.
In other words, make good lifestyle choices a way of life for you, rather than
only something to do for a while, or because it's hip or trendy. Good long-term lifestyle choices should be part of
your life, for good.
SOURCE: Natural Health